The Rhodope region is extremely interesting and impresses with its rich history and various opportunities for rambles. During your stay at Belmont Ski & Spa Hotel you could visit:
- The Yagodina Cave is extremely beautiful and interesting. It is characterized by the variety of cave formations: stalactites, stalagmites, sinter lakes, “curtains”, differently colored layers of rock, and the unique cave pearls. There are three main levels and two intermediate ones. The total length of the tour is 1100 m.
- The Devil’s Throat is one of Bulgaria’s oldest caves. Here you will discover the highest underground waterfall on the Balkan Peninsula. The cave’s history and the mysterious events which had taken place there have been occupying the human imagination for ages.
- The Wonderful Bridges are a unique rock phenomenon. They were formed due to the collapse of a deep karst cave. They tower at 1,450 meters above sea level, just below the Grand Perelik peak.
- Bachkovo Monastery is located near the town of Assenovgrad. Founded in 1083, it is one of the oldest monasteries on the Balkan Peninsula. The unique architectural and artistic monuments preserved in the monastery are of great importance for the Orthodox culture as a whole.
- The Assenovgrad Fortress stands on an inaccessible rock in the beginning of the passage connecting Thrace to the Aegean. The strategic location and natural protection of the area were used as early as the time of the Thracians. The Fortress gives a clear notion of what the medieval fortifications looked like and takes visitors on a journey to the past.